- Job Level: Professional
- Location: Remote, Minneapolis, MN, US, 55416
- Area of Expertise: Operations
- Unit: Allianz US Life
- Employing Entity: Allianz Reinsurance America Inc
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Remote Job: Remote working
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Job ID: 27989
About Allianz Reinsurance America Inc (AZRA):
Allianz Reinsurance America Inc (AZRA) is a specialty niche reinsurer based in California. It is licensed as an admitted insurer in 36 states, including the District of Columbia, and is a qualified, accredited, or approved reinsurer in fifteen states. AZRA specializes in property casualty reinsurance, writing both prospective and legacy reinsurance. The company focuses on run-off management of U.S. legacy insurance liabilities, serving Allianz Group affiliates and third parties. AZRA is rated “AA-” by Standard & Poor’s, with total admitted assets of USD $2.3 billion and policyholders’ surplus of $232 million as of December 31, 2022.
- Manage a caseload of Construction Defect Claims in multiple states.
- Handle new loss assignments, reassignments, and proper reserve setting.
- Perform coverage analysis, responsibilities to defend, tasks to indemnify, and choice of law.
- Identify issues that need resolution, determine appropriate methods, and focus on risk transfer and resolutions for the best outcome.
- Draft complex coverage letters, including reservation of rights, disclaimers, and responses to “push back” letters.
- Develop legal strategy with counsel and manage Construction Defect litigation in line with litigation guidelines, involving both Coverage Counsel and Defense Counsel.
- Identify cases suitable for trial and complete pre-trial reports and activities.
- Report to a Claim Manager in the Construction Defect group.
- Ideal candidate with 5-10 years of Construction Defect Claims experience; candidates with demonstrated increasing responsibility in General Liability (GL) may also be considered.
- Technical background with a focus on coverage issue identification and policy interpretation.
- Experience with Home Builder policies, including WRAP/OCIP, Project Specific, and SIR policies.
- In-depth knowledge of liability policy language and coverage interpretation.
- Experience working in a regulated environment, ensuring compliance with company procedures.
- College degree.
The salary range is $100,000 – $125,000. Actual base salary may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, peer equity, and geographic location. In addition to the base salary, this position is eligible for an annual incentive program.
Allianz Group is one of the world’s most trusted insurance and asset management companies, with a focus on caring for its employees, their ambitions, and the challenges they face. The company is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to explore, grow, and shape a better future for customers and the world. Allianz believes in a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applications from individuals regardless of their background or beliefs.
Join Allianz and be part of a team that cares for tomorrow.
How to Apply:
If you meet the qualifications, please apply for this position. Please note that the application should be submitted in the English language.