- Job Level: Professional
- Location: Remote, IL, US, 60606
- Area of Expertise: Underwriting
- Unit: Allianz Commercial
- Employing Entity: Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Remote Job: Remote working
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Job ID: 28377
At Allianz Commercial (AzC), caring for the future is at the core of their mission. They are the global leader in insuring corporate and specialty risks within the Allianz Group, covering everything from aircraft, satellites, and tall buildings to cyber-attacks and climate change impacts.
Allianz Commercial is seeking an Underwriter – Monoline Property for their Northeast zone team. This remote position in Albany or Massachusetts offers an exciting opportunity for candidates with 2+ years of commercial lines package experience who have previously worked with brokers in the area. This role provides ample room for upward mobility in a growing organization.
- Establish relationships with key trading partners and drive submission activity across assigned Brokers.
- Be responsible for profit, growth, and retention of the assigned book.
- Meet or exceed new business production goals while maintaining profitability across the assigned portfolio and adhering to authority and strategies.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and brokers to retain key assigned renewals and lead the coordination of Risk Services & Claims Service plans for key accounts.
- Maintain and develop relationships internally and externally.
- Develop, advance, and execute a prospect pipeline with trading partners and explore cross-selling opportunities with other business units.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Located on the East Coast – preferably Albany, NY or Massachusetts.
- 2+ years with a proven track record in underwriting profitable middle-market multi-line business (property experience a plus).
- 2+ years of experience with demonstrable, established relationships with brokers at a peer group level.
- Experience working in a complex, global matrix organization.
- A good understanding of regional/local LoB insurance markets and competitor landscapes.
- The ability to effectively absorb information from various sources, analyze, study or examine data in detail, and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Preferably a degree in Economics, Law, or another appropriate discipline.
Compensation: The annualized base pay range for this role is $60,000-$92,786, representing a nationwide market range. The actual salary may vary based on factors such as the scope, complexity, and location of the role, the skills, education, training, credentials, and experience of the candidate.
What’s in it for you?
Allianz Commercial recognizes the importance of work-life balance and offers a hybrid working model that allows for a mix of in-person collaboration and remote work. The compensation and benefits package includes a generous bonus scheme and pension.
The company prioritizes career development and lifelong learning, offering digital learning programs and international career mobility. They provide support for flexible working, health and well-being, and generous parental leave benefits.
As a global corporate insurance carrier and part of the Allianz Group, Allianz Commercial offers a wide range of commercial, corporate, and specialty risk solutions across 10 dedicated lines of business. Diversity of thinking is an integral part of their company culture.