Cargill, a global team of 160,000 employees, is committed to building a stronger and more sustainable future. With over 157 years of experience, they utilize new technologies and dynamic insights to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
- Job ID: 279503
- Date Posted: 10/23/2023
- Location: Wayzata, Minnesota | Minneapolis, Minnesota
Job Purpose and Impact:
The Project Engineer Lead at Cargill plays a critical role in providing subject matter expertise to engineer and design build projects that are safe, regulatory compliant, operationally efficient, and reliable. The primary focus of this position is to oversee the engineering strategy in collaboration with project leaders, manage external engineering service providers, and ensure that engineering design complies with standards and regulatory codes. The Project Engineer Lead is responsible for developing engineering design packages and the scope of work to support project objectives.
- Provide oversight to the engineering strategy in collaboration with project leaders.
- Develop engineering design packages and ensure they comply with regulatory codes, engineering standards, and manufacturing technology-specific requirements.
- Define the engineering scope of work, select, manage, and direct external engineering service providers.
- Support the development of the engineering estimate and track engineering progress against estimates.
- Coordinate input from engineering disciplines and subject matter experts to ensure engineering design meets specific business needs.
- Identify, document, and communicate lessons learned to the relevant functions.
- Collaborate with regional and global leadership to identify enhancements to engineering work processes.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision and escalate only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
- This is a remote position within the United States.
- Travel is required, covering the area of responsibility up to 30% of the time as needed.
- Application deadline: November 7, 2023.
- Expected salary range: $110,000.00 – $125,000.00, with adjustments for location, certifications, education, and experience.
- Eligible for a discretionary incentive award based on company and personal performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time as needed.
- Minimum of five years of experience in operations with challenging environmental health and safety aspects.
- Experience managing third-party resources to deliver business results.
- Knowledge of environmental health and safety standards and international standards and codes related to build projects and construction safety.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply for this position through Cargill’s official application portal.