The Chevening Scholarships offer an incredible opportunity for outstanding emerging leaders worldwide to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the United Kingdom. While there is no “typical” Chevening Scholar, successful applicants often possess ambition, leadership qualities, and a strong academic background. Chevening is committed to diversity, and attributes such as gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, or other personal characteristics are not barriers to eligibility. What truly matters is the ability to submit a strong application demonstrating readiness to excel in a rigorous master’s program in the UK and a clear vision for the future.
These prestigious scholarships are designed for individuals with strong academic backgrounds and demonstrable leadership potential. Recipients receive financial support to study at leading UK universities and become part of a global network of influential alumni, with approximately 1,500 Chevening Scholarships offered worldwide for the 2024/2025 academic cycle.
- Type: Masters
- Application Deadline: November 7, 2023
- Eligible Countries: Developing countries
- Host Institution: UK Universities
- Field of Study: Chevening Scholarships encompass a wide range of fields, including politics, government, business, media, environment, civil society, religion, and academia at any UK university.
To qualify for a Chevening Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Commit to returning to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after completing your award.
- Hold an undergraduate degree that allows entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university, typically equivalent to a UK upper second-class 2:1 honors degree.
- Possess at least two years of work experience (up to five years for fellowship programs; check your country page for details).
- Apply to three eligible UK university courses and secure an unconditional offer from one of them by July 15, 2024.
Value of Award:
A full Chevening Scholarship includes:
- Payment of tuition fees.
- Travel to and from your home country via an approved route (for the scholar only).
- An arrival allowance.
- A grant for thesis or dissertation preparation (if required).
- An excess baggage allowance.
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application (for the scholar only).
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) covering accommodation and living expenses. The stipend amount varies based on whether you study inside or outside London. As of now, it is £917 per month outside London and £1,134 per month inside London (subject to annual review).
Duration of Award:
The Chevening Scholarship is awarded for one year.
How to Apply:
Here are the application steps:
- Ensure you have three different UK master’s course choices.
- If you’ve met the English language requirements, provide your English language test results. Also, if you’ve met the requirements, submit your UK master’s university offer.
- Apply for the scholarship through the Chevening website before the deadline on November 7, 2023.
If you’re conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it’s crucial to submit the required documents to proceed.
The Chevening selection process takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to conditional scholarship offers.
Don’t miss the chance to pursue a master’s degree in the UK and join the ranks of Chevening Scholars who are making a significant impact on their home countries and the world. Apply today and turn your academic and leadership aspirations into reality. Good luck!