The University of Queensland– Australia offers a financial Scholarship to encourage and reward both International and Domestic students who are eager to study a coursework program at the University.
About this scholarship
The scholarship was established in 2020 and is maintained by an endowed gift from The Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Application Deadline: 6 November, 2022
Countries Eligible to Apply: International
Awards Number: May vary
Scholarships Value: $9,000 each year
- Evidence of academic achievement in courses undertaken in Year 12 and/or in an approved program
- Quality of the short video and essay
- Evidence of personal qualities including:
- leadership potential, community service and/or engagement
- alignment with the graduate attributes of the Liveris Academy
- demonstrated commitment to academic excellence
- demonstrated capacity and willingness to actively participate in, and positively contribute to, co-curricular activities at UQ
- demonstrated strength of interest in undertaking co-curricular developmental activities through the Liveris Academy
- Any other matter the selection committee considers relevant to your future success at UQ and in your subsequent career.
You’re eligible to apply for The University of Queensland Scholarship if you:
- are enrolled or intending to enrol as a full-time student in a UQ undergraduate program in 2023
- are a Commencing Student who achieved a minimum Australian Tertiary Admission Rank of 99.00 (or equivalent)
- are a Continuing Student who has a minimum GPA of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- don’t hold a similar scholarship.
How to apply for The University of Queensland Scholarship:
Apply through the application portal.
You will need:
- a cover letter
- your resume
- a copy of your semester 2 Year 11 report and your semester 1 Year 12 report (or equivalent); or your most recent university transcript (if you are a current student)
You’ll also be asked to prepare a short video that’s no longer than 1 minute, and to respond to a few short answer questions to demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria for this scholarship.