The United Nations University (UNU) Scholarships, Joint Master’s Programme, is a prestigious international postgraduate program funded under the EPOS scheme offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). This joint Master of Science (M.Sc.) program offers comprehensive knowledge, critical understanding, strategies, and interdisciplinary tools for addressing environmental risks and human security.
This program is the third in Bonn to be admitted to the DAAD funding scheme, alongside the ZEF Doctoral Studies program and the ARTS study program offered by the Faculty of Agriculture at the University of Bonn.
- Type: Masters
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
Value & Duration of Award:
Successful applicants will receive full financial support to cover all expenses directly related to the study program as well as their cost of living in Bonn.
Eligible Field of Study:
The scholarship is awarded for the field of Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security.
This scholarship is open to international students.
To be eligible for the UNU International Scholarships in Geography, candidates should meet the following specific requirements in addition to the general eligibility criteria for the Master’s program:
- Be a candidate from a “Developing Country” (according to the classification of the DAAD).
- Have at least two years of practical work experience (e.g., with an NGO, government organization, or the private sector) in a field related to the study program.
- Have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree no longer than five years ago.
- Have not completed any other Master’s program in a similar field of studies.
- Aspire to a career as a practitioner in a field related to the program of study.
How To Apply:
To apply, interested candidates should follow these steps:
- Read all the information and FAQs thoroughly.
- Submit the online application form.
- Gather the required documents, including the academic writing sample, precisely as explained in the official instructions.
- Rename the merged application documents’ file as [your last name.your first name].pdf.
- Send your application documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following documents need to be submitted via email as one PDF package, not exceeding 8MB in size, and in the specified order:
- Online Application (Confirmation will be sent via email after completing the online application).
- Motivation Letter (1-2 pages, dated).
- Recent CV in EUROPASS format (max. 3 pages, dated). 4a) Academic Degree Certificate(s) (in German or English, or add certified translation). 4b) Transcript(s) of Records (in German or English, or add certified translation).
- English Language Proficiency.
- Academic Reference(s) (Recommended).
- Copy of Passport (page displaying your name and personal information).
- Other Relevant References (Optional).
- Only for applicants from China, India, or Viet Nam – scan of your APS Certificate.
For applicants seeking a DAAD EPOS scholarship, there are additional documents, including a DAAD EPOS Checklist, DAAD Application Form, Scholarship Motivation Letter, Professional Reference from Current Employer, and Work Certificate(s).
Applicants are advised to ensure all documents are submitted in English and adhere to the specific formatting and naming conventions outlined in the application instructions.
For additional questions not covered in the application instructions or FAQs, applicants can contact email@example.com.
This scholarship offers a remarkable opportunity for students from developing countries to pursue advanced studies in Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security. It emphasizes practical experience and the development of future practitioners in this field.